About Achieve Excellence Consulting
Professional therapists study and train in differing and specific forms of treatment referred to as “modalities and approaches”. Therapists typically specialize in a grouping of these modalities as they become trained and proficient in each.
Achieve Excellence Consulting specializes in the mind body modalities of Somatic Education, Hypnotherapy and NeuroLinguistic Programming (NLP), Swedish and Deep Tissue (DT) integrated massage, CranioSacral (CST), Lymph Drainage (LDT), Positional Release (PRT) and Essential Oil Therapies.
- Somatic Education - the Feldenkrais Method® is learning through our attunement and awarness of what we do, and how we involve our bodies, so that we may arrive at a more balanced, easy functioning of our neurological and musculoskeletal systems.
- Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement ®(ATM) classes – Skillfully constructed lessons that let you explore and learn to relieve pain and improve your movement and function in general. A gentle yet powerful approach to freeing yourself from physical limitations.
- Lymph Drainage – a manual technique used to facilitate and sustain the proper functioning of our fluid lymphatic system.
- CranioSacral Massage – a gentle hands-on therapy that detects and encourages the correction of imbalances in our cerebral spinal system, allowing for the dissipation of negative effects in the brain and spinal cord that affect our central nervous system.
- Hypnotherapy – is a strategy to enable changes to behavior while honoring the secondary gains from habits that often prolong habitual patterns.
- Swedish Deep Tissue Integrated Massage – a method of manual & mechanical stimulation of soft tissue through various techniques including effleurage (stroking), friction (rubbing), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (percussion) and vibration (shaking, vibration) or any nonintrusive variation of these techniques.
- Positional Release – a form of rehabilitative therapy to tease through fibrous adhesions, creating healthy scar tissue while increasing joint range of motion (ROM)
- Essential Oil Therapy – the application of high-grade therapeutic naturally derived oils to enhance our body’s detoxification process while improving mental, emotional and physical well-being.
My first passion was music, classical vocal performance.
At conservatory, I graduated with Bachelors and Masters in
Music, and for eighteen years pursued an operatic career.
Following this I started a company called Peggi’s Feast.
During the fifteen years of running Peggi’s Feast I
continued my studies in Somatic Education and approaches
involving Yoga and Thai massage. I became a certified and
registered Hypnotherapist and Masterpractitioner of
NeuroLinguistic Programming (NLP). I integrated my talents
into rapport building skills, and was also seeing clients
privately to address how to efficiently change learned
I have always been focused on the healing process and discovering how to have optimal balance in the pursuit of a happy and healthy life. It was time for me to further my path in this direction and I returned to school pursuing a degree in Therapeutic Massage Therapy. I added studying in the Feldenkrais Method, Yoga therapy, Positional Release Therapy and a variety of other modalities to support the healing process. My continuing passion and new career in therapeutic mind bodywork is the culmination of self-introspection and a life long passion in holistic approaches to awareness and self-healing, empowerment and balance.
People come to see me for relief of their pain and stresses. Whether you are an athlete, a performer, someone recovering from injuries or surgeries, or looking to improve your quality of life when an illness has been diagnosed, Feldenkrais is the answer for so many when other medical models and modalities have fallen short. Clients gain introspection on how to improve what they are doing and find more optimal ways to improve their organization. They find an unconditional learning and healing environment where true understanding of body awareness is revealed.
- Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner of North America (FGNA)
- American Board of Hypnotherapy
- National certification in Therapeutic Bodywork
- Maryland licensed in Therapeutic Bodywork
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Feldenkrais Guild of North America
- International Alliance of Healthcare Practitioners
- American Massage Therapy Association
- Alumni Association of Potomac Massage Training Institute