Speaking for your event
Early in her professional life Peggi was an opera singer and because of that training she brings a special vitality to her engagements. She meets her audiences with enthusiasm and deep thorough knowledge of her health related topics. Her commitment to speaking and educating people is of great importance to her overall professional career in health & nutrition, sports, arts, entrepreneurship and the culinary arts.
Question: What does this mean to you, when you hear the word neutral? Do you begin a physical action from a place of neutral or are you already doing something either mentally or physically that has you directed somewhere else? Is that somewhere or direction congruent with what you intend? The big question is, are you even aware of this perception?
In this talk, Peggi describes the concept of healing through the mind body experience. Reflecting on her expertise as a Feldenkrais ® Practitioner and Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming , she describes a method of understanding how our thoughts and actions are two sides of the same coin. There is no action without thought before it.
Her talk usually lasts for about an hour. She engages with the audience in a participatory event, helping awaken them to their internal curiosity. Using examples, Peggi teaches and informs her group how to motivate and empower a new healthy attitude to life. A life that they like more!
Too often people are unaware how internally disorganized they are as they travel through everyday functions. This talk is geared to raise ones awareness to a place where the listener can begin to do something about it by learning a few initial steps that will build to ones desired results.
Questions to be discussed:
- What are holding patterns?
- How do I obtain maximum efficiency with appropriate muscular effort
- What is reversibility?
- What is good posture?
- How to attain a sense of vitality and lightness
The Art of Curiosity
This talk is about renewing your sense of possibility. Peggi shares how too often we fall into the daily regimen of complacency, compromise and compliance of others. Are you accepting a job or professional field due to the benefits, while lacking a spark or real passion and interest? Peggi helps clarify the importance of being curious regarding the effects of change.
She speaks about how too often we take the word of an “authority” without questioning the potential outcome. How to not just accept someone else’s limiting opinion but to challenge it with our own knowledge instead of feeling overwhelmed and giving up. Does a decision really resonant with our own deepest desires and dreams for what we want for ourselves?
Research has provided ample evidence that choices in lifestyle have long term lasting consequences. Stress, poor nutrition, prescribed medications, physical challenges in time may cause layer upon layer of complications to optimal health. How can we peel back these layers by first recognizing their effects and building a healthy set of skills to bring us back into an optimal pattern we can return to for maximum efficiency in the way we think, feel and move.
Questions to be discussed:
- How to be curious?
- What are building blocks, stepping stones
- What is internal resonance?
- How to sustain congruity and synchronicity
- Non-judgmental witnessing
- How to overcome limiting beliefs
- Not being afraid of being afraid, accepting challenges
Some of Peggi's past speaking engagements include:
- Restore Motion Physical Therapy, Rockville, MD, 2006 - 2015
- Baltimore Feldenkrais Center , MD, May 2015
- Sibley/Johns Hopkins Hospital, Washington, DC, 2009 - 2015
- Community College Baltimore County/Essex Campus, MD, 2010 - 2014
- Thought Leader, LLC Eastern Conference, Hotel Arundal, MD, September 2013
- Yoga & Pilates Community, Bethesda, MD, June 2013
- Bridges Charter School, D.C., May 2013
- Grand Oaks Rehabilitation Center, Washington, DC, 2012 - 2013
- DC Health Fair, January 2012
- The Feldenkrais Institute, New York, NY, 2012
- Arbor Crest Retirement Home , Silver Spring, MD 2010
- N.I.H., Bethesda, MD, 2009
- Good Samaritan/JH Hospital, Baltimore, MD, August 2008
- Learning Annex, Washington, DC, 1998